Friday, November 7, 2008

Some news from Tangier

We have been having crazy amounts of rain lately. We even got out of school early one day. Luckily the school is on high ground so it doesn't affect us too much, but much of Tangier was flooded for weeks. It makes it hard to get out and about.

Things here are good. I'm really enjoying my job. The kids are great and they enjoy learning which is a new experience for me. I have 23 kids in my class and they are all genuinely nice kids, a few clowns but no problems.

Last week Amira started attending the K1 class, which is for 3 year olds. She goes for about a half an hour a day, during their playtime. I'm so glad that I was able to arrange that. She has so much fun. Even though she is a year younger than the others it doesn't seem to be a problem. The teacher said if she continues to do well she'll invite her for art time too. Yay!

We're moving to a new apartment soon. Although I like living on campus I'm ready to go. I really need to have more separation from work. Our new apartment is really really nice. We're just waiting for our furniture to arrive so we can move in. Hopefully it will happen this week. I'll take pics once we get there.

No comments: